Mumps svenska: Commonly known as “chicken cheek” and “chilling”, it is a common respiratory infectious disease in children and adolescents. It is more common in children and adolescents between 4-15 years old, but also in adults. It occurs in schools, nurseries, Kindergartens and other places where children are concentrated are prone to outbreaks, and pandemics have occurred in many places in our country, becoming one of the key diseases that seriously endanger the health of children.
Mumps diet attention
During the onset of mumps svenska, patients need to drink plenty of water, moderate outdoor exposure to the sun, and the room should be ventilated regularly to maintain air circulation. Daily necessities, toys, stationery, etc., are disinfected by boiling or exposure. Those with mild illness or fever can be properly exercised; the children’s diet should be arranged scientifically and reasonably, and more nutritious, easy-to-digest semi-liquid food or soft food. Don’t eat sour, spicy, sweet and hard foods in the acute phase, so as not to stimulate the salivary glands to increase secretion and aggravate swelling and pain. Related knowledge points recommended: , you can eat some food that promotes saliva secretion to promote the recovery of parotid gland function.
More attention to mumps diet >
mumps svenska in some primary schools in Pingxiang, pregnancy complicated with mumps
Preventive measures for mumps
The usual measures are as follows:
1. Mumps is a vaccine-preventable disease. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent mumps svenska. Children should complete the vaccination on time. One shot at 1.5 years old and one shot at 6 years old. Children under 15 can be vaccinated. Currently, there are vaccines for measles and mumps svenska;
2. During the epidemic of respiratory diseases, try to reduce to crowded public places; when going out, you should wear a mask, especially on the bus;
3. Once it is found that the child is suspected of having cheeks, fever, or upper respiratory tract symptoms, he should go to the hospital for treatment in time, which is conducive to early diagnosis and treatment;
4. Develop good personal hygiene habits, do the “four frequently and one more”: wash hands frequently, ventilate frequently, dry clothes and quilts frequently, exercise frequently, and drink plenty of water.
More preventive measures for mumps >>
Preventive measures for respiratory infectious diseases Preventive measures for pneumonia in children
Symptoms of mumps
1. A history of exposure to mumps 2-3 weeks before the onset.
2 In the initial stage, there may be symptoms such as fever, fatigue, muscle phlegm pain, loss of appetite, headache, vomiting, sore throat, but most children have mild or not obvious symptoms.
3. The parotid gland swells 1-2 days after the onset, usually on one side first, and swells on the opposite side after 1-2 days. Swelling of the parotid gland centered on the earlobe. Spread to the surroundings, the edges are not clear, the local skin is not red, the surface is burning, elastic and tender. Redness and swelling of the parotid duct can be seen. The child feels local pain and hyperesthesia, especially when opening his mouth and chewing. Some children have swelling of the submandibular and sublingual glands. At the same time with moderate fever, a small number of high fever. Most parotid gland swelling reaches its peak in 1 to 3 days, and gradually subsides for 4 to 5 days and returns to normal. The entire course of the disease is about 10 to 14 days.
4. The white blood cell count can be normal or slightly decreased, and the differential count of lymphocytes is relatively increased. Increased amylase in blood and urine.
5. Atypical cases may appear as symptoms of simple orchitis or meningoencephalitis without swelling of the parotid glands. There are also cases with only swelling of the submandibular or sublingual glands.
Symptoms and signs of mumps in children Improper treatment of mumps can affect fertility
Treatment of mumps
1. Patients with parotid gland enlargement, more painful pain, and obvious systemic symptoms (such as high fever): It is recommended to give antiviral drugs, antibiotics and vitamin C intravenously for 3-5 days, and change to oral antiviral drugs after the symptoms improve significantly. 3- 5 days. After 10 days of systemic treatment, most children can be cured without sequelae. For severe parotid gland swelling, you can also consider using some Chinese medicine for external application to promote swelling, but you should pay attention to skin protection to avoid skin damage. What needs to be reminded is that it is impossible to completely cure the mumps just by external application, and it may even leave complications, such as recurrent mumps. For those with mild symptoms, oral antiviral drugs, antibiotics and VC can be taken orally for about 7-10 days, which can basically be cured.
2. TCM treatment: dispel wind and relieve the surface, clear away heat and detoxify. Decoction with 60-90 grams of Isatis root in water or 15 grams of green leaves with Yinchisan and 15 grams of green leaves; for topical application, use purple ingot or Qingdai San with vinegar, and external application, several times a day; or use thin gongying, duck Smashed and applied externally, such as tucao, daffodil root, purslane, etc., can relieve local swelling and pain. If necessary, take antipyretic and analgesic drugs such as anti-pain tablets and aspirin orally.
a. For meningoencephalitis, orchitis, and myocarditis, adrenal cortex hormones can be used for a short time. Such as hydrocortisone, 200-300mg/day for adults, or 40-60mg/day for prednisone, for 3-5 days, children should reduce it. Patients with myocarditis should be treated with a large amount of vitamin C and myocardial nutrition drugs.
b. Orchitis treatment: Antiviral therapy is also used for symptomatic treatment such as hormones, cold compresses on the testis, immobilization, etc., and magnesium sulfate wet compresses for swollen scrotum can be given. Adult patients should be treated with ethylene estrol in the early stage of the disease, 1 mg each time, three times a day, which can reduce swelling and pain.